Let the coconut aroma capture your senses with these Paleo Macaroons. This sweet treat is incredibly easy to make and will wow your taste buds while making the kitchen smell divine.
The macaroons are sweet and moist with a delicate crunchy bite that will satisfy those avid coconut lovers.
This recipe is egg-free which makes it suitable for many people to enjoy the little bites of tropic heaven.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 10 to 12 balls
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 T coconut flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 T coconut milk
- 3 T honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 t vanilla extract
How to Make It:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper or non-stick reusable baking sheet.
3. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
4. Heat the mixture to a high heat and simmer for about two minutes or until thickened so that it is firm enough to scoop out in ball shapes.
5. Remove from the heat. Scoop into balls onto the baking sheet. Use a rounded tablespoon, melon baller or ice cream scoop.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 5 to 15 minutes. Time depends on the type of oven you have. Check after 5 minutes, and bake until they are golden brown on top.
7. Remove from the oven once cooked and transfer to a cooling rack. The macaroons are slightly fragile so let them cool and set before removing from the tray.