I’ve always had a guilty pleasure for ice cream, but over the years my stomach wasn’t able to handle it anymore. It wasn’t until I found this amazing vegan-friendly, lactose-friendly ice cream recipe that finally allowed me to enjoy this sweet treat again finally.
The Many Health Benefits of This Ice Cream
Beyond being a delicious treat, this watermelon coconut ice cream brings in many different health factors.
1. Vegan & Lactose Friendly
The first notable health and lifestyle issue this ice cream targets are those with intolerances to milk. If like me, you suffer from lactose-intolerance, you can find yourself always running to the bathroom and getting violently ill after eating a bowl of dairy ice cream.
With this recipe, you never have to worry about that issue again. You can easily have your cake and eat it too (or rather ice cream in this case).
This recipe is also perfect for vegans, since it contains no animal products or by-products, giving everyone the option to eat this ice cream.
2. Coconut Milk Offers Several Health Benefits
Coconut milk is not only a sweet treat; it also packs a huge punch with its nutrients. Coconut milk has been proven benefits such as:
- Lowering blood pressure and keep blood vessels flexible with vital minerals that support circulation
- Aiding in removing bacteria and viruses from the body with the production of lauric acid
- Improving cholesterol levels and over heart health, especially in older people
- Building muscle by adding key nutrients such as magnesium and potassium
- Filling you up to avoid overeating or snacking, promoting fat loss
- Preventing dehydration since most of coconut milk is water
- Providing an abundance of electrolytes that further prevent dehydration, heart problems, exhaustion, cramps and low immunity issues.
Coconut milk contains so many more health benefits outside of this list, though. Many studies done on coconut milk have shown that coconuts have so many nutrients that their benefits could be potentially endless for humans.
3. Watermelon’s Super Health Punch
Not only does coconut milk have health benefits, but watermelon also has a surprising amount of health benefits as well. This makes this ice cream even more tempting!
Watermelon contains a key ingredient, L-citrulline, known for helping with muscle aches, especially in athletes and bodybuilders. This is a powerful antioxidant found in few plants in abundance like in the watermelon and has shown to have long-term relief for people suffering from minor to moderate aches and pains.
Arginine is another key ingredient found in watermelon in recent years. This ingredient, also found in coconut, is known for helping with overall heart health.
4. You Can Eat It Every Day
Unlike most ice cream, this watermelon coconut milk recipe can be eaten every day. You won’t have to worry about packing on pounds or going off your diet for this ice cream. All of the essential ingredients are healthy, and it contains only the sugar from the coconut milk, watermelon, and dates – giving it an authentic flavor.
The best way to take advantage of the health benefits offered by this recipe is to eat it every day. You’re packing on the nutrients opposed to the pounds you’d be packing with traditional dairy ice cream.