These coconut cookies, which come together in less than 30 minutes, are made with a simple coconut flour base. Not only are they Paleo, but they’re vegan, dairy-free, grain-free and gluten-free! Soft and chewy Coconut Lemon Cookies are the perfect addition to your baking for an easy everyday snack!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 t lemon or vanilla extract
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¼ t salt
- ½ t baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, coconut milk, egg, lemon extract, lemon juice, lemon zest and maple syrup.
- In a separate small bowl, sift the coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Be sure to remove any lumps and evenly disperse the baking powder and baking soda.
- Slowly fold the flour mixture into the liquid mixture. Be careful to not over mix.
- Divide the batter into 15 balls, using your hands to roll them.
- Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten the balls into cookies using the palm of your hand or bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 325F for 12-15 minutes until edges are slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and carefully transfer to a wire baking rack to cool.
- Keep cookies in a sealed container in the refrigerator to maintain freshness.