Mushrooms have the ability to help boost your immune system, providing you with numerous vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.
Their hearty, earthy flavors become the star in a soul-warming soup like this!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups of mixed mushrooms, depending on what is in season and available to you, chopped roughly
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 2 cup water or vegetable stock
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, sauté onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add thyme, coconut cream and stock, simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat, and allow soup to slightly cool, then blend (in blender or food processor) in batches until you have a smooth puree.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.