Inflammation lies at the root of many chronic illnesses, and a majority of them start within the gut as an autoimmune reaction that develops into systemic inflammation.
This anti-inflammatory toddy makes the perfect supper beverage after a day of eating when your digestive symptoms are likely to be at their worst due to the accumulation of food in the stomach and overwork. However, everyone can benefit from the healing properties of this delicious healthy tea which can be enjoyed anytime and by anyone, regardless of their digestive health.
- 250 ml (9 Fl oz/1 cup) cashew milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- pinch of vanilla powder
- pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- 2 star anise (optional)
- Heat the cashew milk in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2–3 minutes or until just warmed.
- Add the spices, ginger, vanilla and pepper, and then stir to remove any lumps.
- Remove from the heat and pour through a fine sieve to remove the grated ginger.
- Add the stevia and enjoy warm.